Academy of Professional Education
Real Estate Practices and Principles
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
1. Please arrive for class on time. Allow yourself a few minutes prior to get settled in before
class starts to avoid unnecessary distractions.
2. All students will be expected to sign in and out of each session. This is used for state
3. Come Prepared. You will need writing utensils and a notebook. Please bring a standard
calculator. Smart phones will not be allowed for the final classroom test.
4. A course evaluation form will be distributed to all students at the end of the final session.
1. Tuition and books are a total cost of $495. All tuition and textbooks must be paid for in FULL prior to the start of the 1st class.
Please note* Return Check Fee $30
2. Textbook fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
3. Students will be eligible for a refund of tuition cost of $420 if written notice is given prior to the start of the 2nd class.
4. GUARANTEE: Students who withdraw from the course or do not pass the final exam will be allowed to attend the next cycle of cycle of classes following the ORIGINAL start date AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. Scheduling of the re-take exams is at the mutual convenience of the student and instructor.
5. The Modern Real Estate Practice 19th Updated Edition and CT Real Estate: Practice and Law, 13th Edition are required to take this course.Students who may already have one of the books may purchase books individually or as needed. Please verify with the instructor that you have the current editions. The separate cost of textbooks through the instructor is $60.
6. Come Prepared. You will need writing utensils and a notebook. Please bring a standard calculator. Smart phone calculators will not be allowed at the PSI Real Estate Exam.
Calendar and Cancellations:
1. Evening classes are held Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm-9pm. Classes are located at 157 West Main St, Suite #8, Niantic, CT 06357.
2. Please refer to your course outline or instructor for classroom dates.
3. Registration will be available up to 1 hour before the start of the 1st class.
4. It may be necessary to make up cancelled classes due to inclement weather, unplanned school cancellations or other unforseen circumstances beyond our control. There are 22 sessions scheduled totaling 66 hours. 60 hours are required to satisfy course completion. Final Exams will be administered on the 23rd class.
5. Cancellation information can be found by calling the Academy at (860) 850-0570 or by checking the Academy's face book page at Academy of Professional Education. We will make our best effort to contact all individuals in addition.
6. The Academy reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient enrollment. In that event, a full refund will be issued.
1. 60 hours of classroom instruction and a grade of 70% or higher on the final exam is required by the State of CT to obtain a certificate of completion for the “Principles and Practices of Real Estate” course.
2. This certificate is required to be eligible to take the Connecticut State PSI examination for real estate salespersons. The PSI booklet with the State Exam procedures will be distributed during the first class.
3. You may miss up to two class sessions and still fill the hour requirements by utilizing the 2 extra scheduled class times. Make-up classes will be given at the discretion of the instructor.
4. You must be 18 years of age at the time of application for your state of CT Real Estate Salesperson License.
Class Structure and Grading:
1. There will be reading assignments(not necessarily in textbook order) as well as homework reading to be done after each class. Please complete all assignments and be ready to review at next class.
2. There may be quizzes and a midterm exam. Quiz and Mid-term grades do not count toward the final grade. They are intended to gauge your progress and can be used as study materials.
3. Each session will include a lecture by the instructor and class participation.
4. A final exam will be given during class #23 for those that have met the 60 hour requirement. A minimum passing grade of 70% is required to pass the course and be eligible to take the State Real Estate exam.The classroom instruction will include, but is not limited to the following: Introduction to the Real Estate Business, Real Property and the Law, Agency, Real Estate Brokerage, Listing Agreements and Buyer Representation, Interests in Real Estate, Forms of Real Estate Ownership, Legal Descriptions, Real Estate Taxes and Other Liens, Real Estate Contracts,Transfer of Title, Title Records, Real Estate Financing, Leases and Property Management, Real Estate Appraisal, Land- Use Controls and Property Development, Fair Housing and Ethical Practices, Environmental Issues and Real Estate Transactions, Closing the Real Estate Transaction, Real Estate Math, and Ct Law and Practices.
5. Documents necessary to apply to take the Ct State PSI exam as well as a Certificate of Completion of the course will either be provided to the students who pass the final exam at the end of the last session or they will be mailed to students within 10 days of the last session.
6. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS ARE CORRECT AND LEGIBLE ON YOUR REGISTRATION AS THIS IS HOW THEY WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.